LED monitor issue with radeon card

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trendal

LED monitor issue with radeon card

Post by trendal »

Mint 17 64 bit XFCE

In an effort to setup 4 monitors instead of 2 for web development, nothing hard core like gaming etc, I purchased this Radeon card. I have 2 Samsung LED monitors I've been using with an nVidia card (on VGA). They worked awesome. I added 2 Asus LCD monitors and connected everything to the card via HDMI. Now I get funny colored lines that look like digital interference to me on the LED screens, see attached image. It never happens on the LCD screens.

If I bother with the HDMI cables a while I can usually get it to go away. Unplugging and wiggling the connectors. But something is still flaky with the system. I bought 10 foot HDMI cables but as I understand it that shouldn't be causing me issues due to length. I rerouted them to stay clear away from any power cables etc without effect.

Also in the process I have become unable to bring my 4 horizontal screens together in the Display Manager. They have this large gap between them and they won't move any closer to each other.

Another related problem is the color quality has gone really bad on the 2 LED monitors. The first 3 light grey backgrounds on Google Sheets are still completely white on these monitors, whereas on my old nVidia card they were separate shades of grey.

My basic question is this: Is the interference problem perchance an issue with drivers etc or is it likely I have 1: A bad card, 2: Bad cables, 3: Something else unrelated to Mint?

Thanks for any pointers. New here but not to Linux.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”