[SOLVED] GNOME-Colors icon theme bug

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fredbird67

[SOLVED] GNOME-Colors icon theme bug

Post by fredbird67 »

I just installed the latest Mint Xfce onto my laptop about 90 minutes or so ago. One of the things I did after installing was install the GNOME-Colors series of icon themes. Unfortunately, that created entries in the appearance settings for the now-non-existent Arc-Colors series of GDM themes (when selected, they all go to that ugly "Raleigh" theme). I tried purging GNOME-Colors from my system along with autoremove -- and they're still there in the list, taking up space. Does anyone know how to remove these from the list?

PS -- I think this may have something to do with Arc-Colors being a suggestion or maybe even a recommendation in GNOME-Colors.

PPS -- Oh! My! Word! I just did a fresh re-installation of Mint Xfce and they're STILL there! SMH...

PPPS -- Turns out it wasn't anything involving GNOME-Colors after all. I discovered that this is coming from the installation of the Arc-Colors themes in Mint Display Manager (MDM) and it wasn't anything I did at all by downloading GNOME-Colors. Therefore, it looks like this is a bug in the Xfce appearance settings. BTW, I have moved the Arc-Colors themes to another folder, and that took them out of the theme list in Appearance. Looks like the Xfce team itself needs to fix this...but anyways, consider this one SOLVED since I now know what was behind that quirkiness, and that, unlike what I had originally thought, it wasn't due to anything I did.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”