reverse to password at the startup

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dom55

reverse to password at the startup

Post by dom55 »

Hello

I've installed a linux mint 17.1 xfce 32 bits with an user who dont need to type password at startup
I would like now to make the user enter his password at the startup and despite I change the parameters in System / Users and groups /modify password

Nothing ! This doesnt works !

Any idea about this welcomed !

Thanks

Dom
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: reverse to password at the startup

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Dom.

On xfce, go to Mint Menu => System Tools => Login Window. - You will be prompted for your password, because in the background the command mdmsetup will be launched with root privileges.
Inside the Login Window Settings application go to Automatic Login and disable all settings there.
Close the configuration dialogue.

HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
dom55

Post by dom55 »

And it works !

Many thanks

Dom
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

You're welcome, Dom. :)
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Xfce”