Dual monitor, primary is the wrong one

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Magister

Dual monitor, primary is the wrong one

Post by Magister »

I have mint 17.2 and nvidia 346 driver on a laptop with an nvidia ION, everything is working fine, fast, HW decoding for video, etc.

I pluged a second monitor, it was on the right, used nvidia-settings to setup, everything works fine, even full screen video on the second monitor.

Now I fixed the second monitor on the wall and used the nvidia-settings to set the second monitor above the laptop screen, but now the taskbar and desktop icons are on the second display on the wall, but I want my laptop to be primary, the "primary" option do nothing in the settings?!?

I then tried the "display settings" from XFCE4 and same thing, I dragged the second monitor above the laptop one, selected primary for the laptop, but same as the nvidia-settings. The second display becomes primary, I don't want that.

I looked around and it seems the primary display is always choosen to be the one that starts at +0x0 offset. People who put the second monitor on their left seems to have the exact same problem.

Is there a way to have my setup working?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”