[SOLVED] When I Alt+Tab, large icons show.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lurkre

[SOLVED] When I Alt+Tab, large icons show.

Post by lurkre »

I was working through my Compiz settings to fix my workspace problems.
But afterwards, I just found out that this happens when I press Alt+Tab to switch between windows. :(

Attached is a picture of that. I can't printscreen it, obviously.
So how can I get it back to normal? :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chrissuninchina

Re: When I Alt+Tab, large icons show. How can I remove it?

Post by chrissuninchina »

I'm not using the XFCE Edition, but in the Cinnamon Edition, there's an applet for "Windows", and within that there's an Alt+Tab behaviour button where you can change the way Alt+Tab works. If that exists in the XFCE Edition might be worth trying to change to a different effect for Alt+Tab behaviour and see if that helps.
lurkre

Post by lurkre »

chrissuninchina wrote:I'm not using the XFCE Edition, but in the Cinnamon Edition, there's an applet for "Windows", and within that there's an Alt+Tab behaviour button where you can change the way Alt+Tab works. If that exists in the XFCE Edition might be worth trying to change to a different effect for Alt+Tab behaviour and see if that helps.
Oh. It doesn't. :(
XFCE, if I'm not mistaken, would let you choose between xfcewm or compiz as your window manager.
Zalbor

Post by Zalbor »

I've not used Compiz in years, so things may have changed.
Take a look in the Compiz settings, there used to be several switchers. One of them must be set to activate with Alt+Tab. Find the settings for that one, and see if there's anything like "icon size" in it.
lurkre

Post by lurkre »

Zalbor wrote:I've not used Compiz in years, so things may have changed.
Take a look in the Compiz settings, there used to be several switchers. One of them must be set to activate with Alt+Tab. Find the settings for that one, and see if there's anything like "icon size" in it.
Woah! Just in time!
I found out that the application switcher manages the Alt+Tab binding. :)
There is a checkbox called "Icon" in the General tab.
Strange because it's default is checked.
I unchecked it.

Thanks, bud!

Return to “Xfce”