System Tray icon image is missing

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anurupr
Level 1
Level 1

System Tray icon image is missing

Post by anurupr »

I'm building a Qt application which uses System Tray icons.
Im able to add the icon. But the image i want to set for that icon is not showing up. Ive checked the path and permissions to it and its all fine.

Looking at the xfce4-indicator-plugin.log , i noticed these lines popup in the log when i start my application

Code: Select all

DEBUG      Indicator-Application     Building new application entry: org.kde.StatusNotifierItem-4704-1  with icon:  at position 0
DEBUG      libindicator-plugin       Entry added for io=libapplication.so
DEBUG      LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB          Generating properties error for: 0
DEBUG      LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB          Error getting properties on a new menuitem: Error getting properties for ID
But i'm not able to make any sense from it.

I tried running Clementine ( music app ) which uses Qt as well and these are the lines that come up in the log file

Code: Select all

DEBUG      Indicator-Application     Building new application entry: :1.75  with icon: clementine_4728_e1c70cd6785ac768670030ea5df41c35 at position 0
DEBUG      Indicator-Application     	Appending search path: /tmp/sni-qt_clementine_4728-8e0adl/icons
DEBUG      libindicator-plugin       Entry added for io=libapplication.so
Can anybody help me figure out why this issue is occuring? Is it something specific to linuxmint or am i going in the wrong direction?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: System Tray icon image is missing

Post by MtnDewManiac »

anurupr wrote:Is it something specific to linuxmint or am i going in the wrong direction?
I'd guess that it's something specific to Qt, Xfce, or your own efforts (something misconfigured, icon in question does not match the requirements, is in the wrong directory for such things, wrong permissions, something along those lines), rather than being a Mint issue. But that's just a guess. I know even less about Qt than I do about most things.

Regards,
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
anurupr
Level 1
Level 1

Re: System Tray icon image is missing

Post by anurupr »

I've done some more testing. I tried to build the same project in Windows 7 & Ubuntu 12.04, and I was able to get it working there.

Currently, Im trying to compile xfce4-indicator-plugin from source and see what happens.

Return to “Xfce”