[SOLVED]How to turn off panel shadow?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sercxulo

[SOLVED]How to turn off panel shadow?

Post by sercxulo »

In 17.1 xfce, I had two panels that looked the same, to make it appear as one panel.

However, when I changed to 17.2, a shadow fell under the top panel, as in picture.

How do I remove the shadow of top panel? I found that when clicking bottom panel, the shadow is removed, but clicking on top panel returns the shadow.

Thank you for help.
Last edited by sercxulo on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How to turn off panel shadow?

Post by MtnDewManiac »

You can make a single panel twice as "thick," but IDK if that will serve because I'm not sure if you'd be able to place the items you have on two panels on a single double-height one and get it to look the same. Might be worth trying, IDK.

If you go to {Menu} / Settings / Window Tweaks and click on the Compositor tab, there are options for shadows. I'm not sure if they affect panels or not, though; all my panels are set to auto-hide so as to go away when I'm not using one of the items they contain, so I haven't had to deal with your issue. This will, of course, only be applicable if you are using Xfce's own window manager. If you are using Compiz (et cetera), you'd have to take a look at wherever its settings are (and, IIRC, if the window manager happens to be Compton, it won't be a GUI dialog box - it'll be a settings file).

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
sercxulo

Re: How to turn off panel shadow?

Post by sercxulo »

This solved the problem, thank you.

Return to “Xfce”