Konsole will not always appear on correct monitor

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
akallio9000

Konsole will not always appear on correct monitor

Post by akallio9000 »

I'm running Linux Mint XFCE 17.2 with two different sized monitors using the propriatary Nvidia driver for a Geforce GTX 650.

I like to use Konsole as a command line terminal, and I've added quicklaunch icons on the taskbar for each of the two monitors. If I have a Konsole window open on either monitor, and click the Konsole icon on the other monitor, the Konsole window appears on whichever monitor already had a Konsole window running. Also, if I'm on the primary monitor and I click on the Konsole icon (without any Konsole window on the other monitor) the Konsole window appears on whichever workspace I was previously on. I was trying the default Terminal Emulator at first, and that one killed any open terminals on the "other" monitor.

I've never had these problems before on any other distro, including Mint 17.0 XFCE.

Thanks in advance (but you'll get thanked for a working solution as well)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shengchieh

Re: Konsole will not always appear on correct monitor

Post by shengchieh »

I don't know, but I would think there is an option to force the terminal to open on the second monitor.

Open a terminal and take a look at

man xfce4-termianl
[I didn't see anything at first glance, but check it out carefully.]

Also surf thru

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=xfce+terminal+monitor

a DDG link for xfce terminal monitor

I'm sure there are other good search strings.

Sheng-Chieh

Return to “Xfce”