Mint 17.1 XFCE Power Options (Monitor)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HouseAtreides

Mint 17.1 XFCE Power Options (Monitor)

Post by HouseAtreides »

Hello all, I'm running Mint 17.1 XFCE on an HP Pavilion laptop. In the Power Manager settings, I have it set for "display to sleep" after a period of inactivity, and "switch off the display" after another (longer) period of inactivity. The "display to sleep" function seems to work properly, as the screen goes black but is still lit, i.e. the monitor outputs it's best job at black light. However, the "switch off display" function, i.e. the monitor should be completely off as if the computer is powered-down or suspended, never executes. The monitor stays forever in the on-but-black state.

Any help in diagnosis or treatment would be appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stqn

Re: Mint 17.1 XFCE Power Options (Monitor)

Post by stqn »

I have a similar issue with Linux Mint 17.2 Xfce on my MSI Wind U100 netbook. The screen seems to turn off for one second, but then is turned back on. I have tried changing the xscreensaver preferences, as well as the Xfce power manager settings, as well as using "xset dpms" in the shell, but nothing works.

Xubuntu 14.04.2 also had a broken screensaver (the screen wouldn’t even turn black). However I was using Xubuntu 12.04 before and screen blanking worked perfectly with that.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this issue yet.

Return to “Xfce”