File import/cut/paste etc with XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

File import/cut/paste etc with XFCE

Post by daveinuk »

Hi Folks,

not used XFCE in some years and I'm a bit puzzled having just set up an older fujitsu laptop for my sister, finally getting her off vista ! It all works flawlessly except plugging a camera in didn't work as cinnamon does for me, so I didn't realize I had to enable it all in removable drives and media, which i did, but then when i opened the dcim folder on the camera, images were all locked, I re-opened the folder as root to copy them, I couldn't cut/paste.

Since enabling all the options in removable drives and media, I still don't seem to get a prompt to import pictures, when I looked at the options it appeared to need a binary option choice when I was browsing, I didn't know what to go for so maybe that's why it still doesn't work?

When she attaches a camera now, it puts an icon on the desktop, but this still needs clicking on to mount it apparently, but now cut/paste seem to work ok, so I guess my questions are, how can I get everything to automount and offer options like import images? It's took me years to get her to switch so i want to make usage as simple as possible, I would have checked before handing it over but assumed stuff like this would work like it does in mate and cinnamon .....

Thanks in advance

dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: File import/cut/paste etc with XFCE

Post by richyrich »

I let Thunar file manager handle everything. From flawless automounting to having an eject/unmount button in the left pane for easy, safe disconnection of the camera.

Thunar > Edit > Preferences > Advanced tab.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Re: File import/cut/paste etc with XFCE

Post by daveinuk »

Thanks richyrich i'll look into that ;)

Return to “Xfce”