Why the notification stays butt ugly?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrRoberts

Why the notification stays butt ugly?

Post by MrRoberts »

I've came across several great icon themes for Xfce4, but they don't address the notification icons like wifi, volume control etc. The ugly looking notification stands out like a sore thumb.

How to make the notification have an even look?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Why the notification stays butt ugly?

Post by richyrich »

It's like that in both 17 Qiana and 17.1 Rebecca, lets hope it's fixed in 17.2, as they are looking at upgrading xfce4 to 4.12.

What we are talking about:
notify.png
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi Everyone,

I would certainly like to see more color options in the default icons, including the default system tray icons. I use Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 32-bit (which I love), and the default icons for USB, Volume, Wifi, notifications, etc... are bland white, or very light grey. Some of my other icons from 3rd party software applications have color. If there are currently any setup options to change them, I don't know what they are and I would like to know. So, if any of you out there know how to easily change the default icons to some other color(s), please let us know. It would be nice to have a choice of colors per icon, like a color "theme" option. Thanks ...
LM17KDE_SystemTrayIcons_05-15-2015.png
Last edited by phd21 on Fri May 15, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

richyrich wrote:It's like that in both 17 Qiana and 17.1 Rebecca, lets hope it's fixed in 17.2, as they are looking at upgrading xfce4 to 4.12.

What we are talking about:
notify.png
IF you're talking about the panel icons - I'm not sure, actually, because the thread title mentions "notification," but your graphic appears (to me) to not have a notification in it, only a panel with icons on it :roll: - I have another partition on this laptop with Mint 17.1 Xfce that I have upgraded to Xfce 4.12, and the only real difference I have noticed in regards to the panel icons is that when I increased the size of the panel to (more-or-less) double as I generally do (poor vision)... The icons, instead of growing in size in a like fashion, stay the same relatively tiny size. I guess that's a regression of some kind, but I have not reported it because (having upgraded to Xfce 4.12 before resizing the panel) I am not sure whether the fault/regression/screwup/dog's breakfast (not sure which term is more technically correct, lol) is something that the Mint developers did or something that the Xfce developers did.

Other than the fact that I can't see them, they look fine....

[EDIT: I see that our forum software is up to its usual level of quality. Therefore, when you see "notify.png" in the bit of text I quoted, please direct your eyes to the message I quoted from and, well, pretend that this... forum software... was able to function correctly enough to actually show it in my post. I guess.]

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

notify2.png
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

@phd21 , this is the Xfce section of the forums, you will get better results if you do not try to hijack another member's post, and post your own topic in the KDE section.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

richyrich wrote:@phd21 , this is the Xfce section of the forums, you will get better results if you do not try to hijack another member's post, and post your own topic in the KDE section.
Hi richyrich,

My bad. I didn't even notice that this was the Xfce section until you mentioned it; no "hijack" intended. Was just looking at new posts when I came across this one and agreed with it regardless of which Linux Mint edition.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.

Return to “Xfce”