Whisker Menu suddenly changed its appearance

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ilAli
Level 3
Level 3

Whisker Menu suddenly changed its appearance

Post by ilAli »

I am linux mint 17.1 XFCE user. today i did my routine work and shut down the system.
Now, after turning my system on, i noticed that Whisker Menu appearance have been changed.
i did nothing with it, i didn't change any setting, i only updated some usual Linux Mint updates which no one was about whisker menu or even XFCE desktop.
i should remark that in Guest account of my system, Whisker Menu doesn't changed.
here is my new Whisker Menu:
and, this is the original one in my system Guest Account:
it is not a terrible change, it is not awful, but i want to know what happened to it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Whisker Menu suddenly changed its appearance

Post by richyrich »

I don't know if this will help, but . . right click the whisker menu > Properties, and enable the "Position search entry next to the panel button"
ilAli
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ilAli »

richyrich wrote:I don't know if this will help, but . . right click the whisker menu > Properties, and enable the "Position search entry next to the panel button"
thanks. i enabled "Position search entry next to the panel button" and "position categories next to panel button" and the problem solved.
but, what caused this problem?
chrisonmint

Post by chrisonmint »

ilAli wrote:
richyrich wrote:I don't know if this will help, but . . right click the whisker menu > Properties, and enable the "Position search entry next to the panel button"
thanks. i enabled "Position search entry next to the panel button" and "position categories next to panel button" and the problem solved.
but, what caused this problem?
I saw the Xfce panels "forget" my settings too. thankfully it was gone with a login-logout and i might have tweaked some panel settings similar to what richyrich suggested. my experience was the whole xfce loaded like it is on the xfce homepages, not in the tweaked linux Mint style = no whisker menu, bottom panel more like a Mac OSX dock, not stretched across the screen etc.

Thankfully it went away. I guessed that some pref files didnt load right for some reason.

Return to “Xfce”