[SOLVED] Delay on opening initial folder

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
helloimustbegoing

[SOLVED] Delay on opening initial folder

Post by helloimustbegoing »

Not sure if I put this in the correct board. After booting up, the first time I click to open Home, or any folder, it takes about 5 seconds to open. But after opening the first folder, following folders open in a timely manner. It is only opening the first folder after booting up when I get this delay. This has been going on for over a week, so I can't remember what I did or what changes I made that may be causing this. Can anyone suggest a solution? I'd hate to reinstall Mint just for this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
helloimustbegoing

Re: Delay on opening initial folder

Any ideas? Anyone?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Do you have any network connected devices? Any external hard drives? Any that are NOT connected, but were previously? It may be looking for that first time Thunar opens.
helloimustbegoing

Thanks for the suggestion richyrich, but that is not the problem. I do have a Seagate portable/external drive. After reading your post, I plugged it in and rebooted. After the reboot, I still got the 5 second delay.

Any other ideas?
helloimustbegoing

I found how to fix this, here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Th ... cold_start

Edit /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/network.mount and change AutoMount=true to AutoMount=false.

I am happy once again. :D

Return to “Xfce”