Disabling ALT + LClick (Move Window)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Katran

Disabling ALT + LClick (Move Window)

Post by Katran »

Hi,
I have just installed Rebecca XFCE, and found a problem with disabling the Alt+ left click which works to move the window around.

I’m trying to use Blender on a laptop (no middle button) and Blender uses that shortcut to simulate the middle button, i tried it after enabling it on blender and i found it that shortcut is being used to move the windows around.

I tried disabling it on compizconfig settings manager (windows manager - Move window - Initiate window move) but it didnt worked :(
Tried next on the windows manager and found its configured as ALT + F7 (which does the same or close enough to alt + Lclick )

Searched here on the forums and found a solution for it on cinnamon => http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&t=123234
But i coudnt locate something like that here :(

So in short, anyone knows how to disable it, so i can free it for Blender?

Thanks

PD: Sorry for my bad english
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Disabling ALT + LClick (Move Window)

Post by richyrich »

I don't use compiz, and this is where I can change it with the default Xfce compositor.

Menu > Settings > Window Manager Tweaks > Accessibility tab . .
Katran

Post by Katran »

That worked :D
Now i feel kinda dumb for not finding it :P

Anyways Thanks!!!
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Katran wrote:on a laptop (no middle button)
Press both "mouse" buttons at the same time (if they are side-by-side, this is much easier as you can use one finger to press both). On many (most? all?) laptops, this combination produces a button-3 (aka "middle button") event.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Return to “Xfce”