change window font colour

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
linuxeffect

change window font colour

Post by linuxeffect »

I use dark themes in xfce, but I don't like the window text very much. One website for xfce compatible themes http://www.ravefinity.com/p/our-themes-work.html was recommended from a user on this very forum. Is it possible to change window text and the minimise/maximise/close button colours or font style, to look more akin to cinnamon (or customise in general) without installing a major theme or window editing application?

For example :-

Update :- searched and found the 'window manager' in relation to my installed new themes, as if it couldn't be any more obvious :mrgreen:
although I would still like to hear of any recommendations regarding general theme or layout tweaking applications I could try out
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WinterTroubles

Re: change window font colour

Post by WinterTroubles »

Looking at your screenshot the theme on Xfce for window borders seems to be set to 'MintX', and indeed when I set the window border theme to MintX with the rest of my theme set to ambiance-blackout from Ravefinity I see the same results.

So could this be as simple as you not being aware that the Theme for window borders and title bars is set in 'Window Manager' (found in the main menu) rather than in 'Appearance'?

As an aside, is the the post you saw recommending Ravefinity for a dark theme http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 92#p996892, as you can see from the screenshot in that post I'm running a dark theme successfully so if the above doesn't solve your issue post back and I'll post all my theme settings so we can compare.

Hope this helps
WT
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

linuxeffect wrote:Update :- searched and found the 'window manager' in relation to my installed new themes, as if it couldn't be any more obvious :mrgreen:
Congratulations, but you could have waited five minutes so my above post wasn't redundant :lol:
linuxeffect

Post by linuxeffect »

Haha, sorry :) Yes, that was it, I remember the clock desktop gadget in their desktop screenshot.

Return to “Xfce”