Shutdown menu not available

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marc.poch

Shutdown menu not available

Post by marc.poch »

Hello folks,

I have a problem with my Linux Mint computer: When I press the shutdown button it does not show me the shutdown menu. But, once I press the shutdown button, if I move to console mode (Ctrl+Atl+1) and return back (Ctrl+Alt+8) I can see the shutdown menu working properly (if I click to shutdown it shutsdown the computer).

I would like shutdown menu to appear as expect. What can I do?

Thanks for the help.

PS: I have installed Linux Mint on other machines and I didn't have this issue.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shengchieh

Re: Shutdown menu not available

Post by shengchieh »

Workaround:

You can add buttons to your panel. Right-click panel -> panel -> add new panel -> add action buttons. Then right-click that action buttons -> properties and configure as desired. I use action buttons + shutdown, but that's me.
You decide on whether you want action buttons or session menu AND what actions you want.

Sheng-Chieh
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

I agree with shengchieh.
I don't know about the menu problem, but I like the Shutdown Applet by Shelley
System Settings > Applets > Get more online > Shutdown Applet
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

austin.texas wrote:System Settings > Applets > Get more online > Shutdown Applet
I can't find that in Mint Xfce 17, is it only available in 17.1?

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

I am using Cinnamon, so I have Shelley's applet.
In xfce, you have something even better > "Action Buttons"
When you install that to the Panel, it appears as "User something". Right-click on it > Properties, gives you some good options including "No Confirmation"
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

austin.texas wrote:I am using Cinnamon, so I have Shelley's applet.
Ah, okay. (Respectfully,) Please bear in mind that you are in the Xfce sub-forum, and making suggestions that are only for another DE isn't helpful :lol: .

No harm done, and thanks for mentioning the Action Buttons for the (Xfce) users. I had forgotten about that one.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Return to “Xfce”