can I use more then one workspace xfce?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
boloog

can I use more then one workspace xfce?

Post by boloog »

Hi All.

I am using mint 17.1 cinnamon and installed xfce afterwards.
In xfce i can't seem to use multiple workspaces.
I installed the workspace app in the panel and set it to 4 workspaces but it keeps showing one square like there's only one workspace.
Also in the settings it is set to 4 workspaces. XFCE is set to use compiz.
cntr+alt+arrow keys don't do anything.
After logging out and in, the amount of workspaces in the workspaces setting is back to 1.
In cinnamon, there is no problem.
I like using xfce because it is so custumizable so getting multiple workspaces would be great.
By the way. It works as i log in as another account, it doesn work in my own account that i use the most. In all other accounts, if i add a workspace in the workspaces settings, just below the field where i fill in the amount of workspaces, the workspace names appear like "workspace 1" "workspace 2" etc. In my most used account this doesn't happen. So if i increase the amount of workspaces from 1 to 2, below only "workspace 1" will be displayed.

Whats is wrong?

Thanks,
Richard.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
boloog

Re: can use more then workspace xfce

Post by boloog »

Just found out that it is related to compiz (other accounts do not use compiz on this desktop). Question remains: Why can i use more workspaces when using compiz????
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

If you are using compiz, you must set the number of workspaces in the compiz settings manager.
boloog

Post by boloog »

richyrich wrote:If you are using compiz, you must set the number of workspaces in the compiz settings manager.
Thanks,
I can see horizontal virtual size and vertical virtual size.
I have set the horizontal virtual size to 4, and i can see 4 workspaces in my panel but can't seem to switch to another workspace. Guess i need to bring this discussion to the compizz part of this forum..

thanks,
Richard.

Return to “Xfce”