XFCE 4.12 "Stable" Has(?) Arrived!(!!!!!)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

XFCE 4.12 "Stable" Has(?) Arrived!(!!!!!)

Post by MtnDewManiac »

I've been watching the "What's New in Xfce" thread over at the Xfce home forum, and from what I can tell [Disclaimer: I'm NOT an expert :roll: ], all the major components of Xfce have been updated to 4.12.

Obviously, I am not in communication with Clem, so I cannot speculate as to whether or not he'll be updating the versions of everything that the Xfce developers have been working on for the past two (more? IDK) years to our repositories. I, for one, certainly hope so. Many (most? all, lol?) of us have been more or less patiently waiting for this. The 4.11 version of the Xfce desktop, window manager, et cetera - and versions of most related components - were development versions. Nonetheless, as it had been... a while ( :lol: ) since the original expected 4.12 release date had come and gone, many folks (from what I've read) started updating versions as soon as the first "development" component was released, so it is my belief that there were quite a few "testers and breakers" along the way. I''m guessing that, inasmuch as is ever possible in the dynamic world of computer software, "stable" Xfce 4.12... really is.

If anyone does talk/email/ESP with Clem regularly, please pass along this news (along with my sincere hopes that he'll be updating the core Xfce, Thunar, and all the other related components/applications to their new versions. (Thanks.)

Regards,
MDM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
catfish12

Re: XFCE 4.12 "Stable" Has(?) Arrived!(!!!!!)

Post by catfish12 »

xfce 4.12 would be a nice update lets hope it happens :D

Return to “Xfce”