[res]Directorymenu plugin and terminator as default terminal

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AbdelQahar

[res]Directorymenu plugin and terminator as default terminal

Post by AbdelQahar »

@ all : hi !

I have a little problem : since I've chosed terminator as default emulator terminal, when I want open a directory into the terminal into the Xfce4 directorymenu plugin popup, I recieve an error message like : "fail to execute default terminal emulator. error of input/output".

When I run x-terminal-emulator from Alt+F2 or in a terminal, or I open a directory in a terminal in thunar, no problem.

I've tested what I've foud here : http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10725, so I see a little difference : no error message, but terminator opens and closes itself immediately.

What can I do ?

Thanks.

Edit : an other information : I've recently upgraded to Xfce4.12 from the xubuntu-dev/xfce-4.12 PPA.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AbdelQahar

Re: Directorymenu plugin and terminator as default terminal

Post by AbdelQahar »

I found the solution myself.
I leave it here, this will help I hope :

There was, in the /~.local/share/xfce4/helpers/custom-TerminalEmulator.desktop file a line like this :
X-XFCE-CommandsWithParameter=/etc/alternatives/x-terminal-emulator --command="%s"

The solution was to delete the end :
X-XFCE-CommandsWithParameter=/etc/alternatives/x-terminal-emulator
Habitual

Re: [res]Directorymenu plugin and terminator as default term

Post by Habitual »

Good Job!

Return to “Xfce”