panel icons lack visibility/contrast

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bazzaman

panel icons lack visibility/contrast

Post by bazzaman »

XFCE 17.1 on Toshiba netbook. I'm new to XFCE, and would like to be able to view a couple of icons in the panel more easily.
One is the battery icon. It rprovides % info if mouse is hovered over it; but a visual indicator would be preferable. I search this forum: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=189392 ; but the battery monitor icon is not one of the available plugin options in "Add New Items" on my panel.
The other icon that is difficult to read is the network manager. The VPN activated indicator is just a very small, indistinct spot. Hovering the mouse over it does not provide any info. I have tried different icon themes, trying for more contrast; but no luck. I admit I am used to KDE, and the icon it uses is very readable... a yellow padlock indicating VPN on, and mouse hover gives details. A quick glance gives reassurance that the VPN is still active... as opposed to having to squint to see if the murky spot is still there.
Could it be that icons are designed by people in their 20's, and that old guys like me are just out of luck?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shengchieh

Re: panel icons lack visibility/contrast

Post by shengchieh »

I can't find the setting where the icon magnify when the mouse rolls over it, but it should be there somewhere. Someone else/

The only thing i can find is to increase the row size, i.e., menu -> settings -> panel and increase the row size.

Sheng-Chieh

Return to “Xfce”