Linux Mint xfce 17.1 - displays menu keeps opening

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alanp

Linux Mint xfce 17.1 - displays menu keeps opening

Post by alanp »

Everytime i turn my computer on or open the displays menu (the one you use to change among second monitor, mirror, extend and first monitor), the displays menu will keep opening new instances of itself for 3 to 5 minutes. This problem appeared after i installed the linux mint xfce 17.1 64-bit.

I really don't know what to do and i'm getting kinda tired of closing them. :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
curtvaughan
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Linux Mint xfce 17.1 - displays menu keeps opening

Post by curtvaughan »

You really need to supply a bit more information before anyone can make helpful suggestions. What was the sequence of actions you took prior to the problem? You say "everytime I turn on my computer or open the Display menu ..." . Well, after you booted up your computer and opened the Display menu, what actions did you take (if any) prior to the re-occuring windows taking place? In other words, when you opened the Display GUI, did you make some changes, and if so, what were they? There are all sorts of things which can be done from that menu, so folks need to know exactly what you did and what you were trying to accomplish. Once you can provide that information, perhaps you might get some responses. From there it might be necessary to get information about your hardware, but until we get more details on what you actually did, who knows? I am running 17.1 xfce right now, opened the Display menu about 10 minutes ago (but didn't do anything with it), and am not getting the behavior you describe. Need more data!! :wink:
Move from rim to hub: know the wheel.

shengchieh

Re: Linux Mint xfce 17.1 - displays menu keeps opening

Post by shengchieh »

Are you saving sessions when you logout? If so, knock it out. Take a look at various tabs in

menu -> settings -> session and startup

Sheng-Chieh

Return to “Xfce”