[Failed] Locate & edit context menus ... How?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
markfilipak
Level 6
Level 6

[Failed] Locate & edit context menus ... How?

Post by markfilipak »

===== Failed =====
Apparently, in Linux there is no universal context (right-click) menu (in Thunar this is called "action menu") facility (such as "Send To" in Windows). Each application has its own context menu and to find it and/or edit it (if possible), contact the application's developer(s).
=====

I'd like to edit context menus. Here are 3 sample context menus ( ...are menus that are displayed via right-click even called "context menus" in Linux?).
  • context menus .png
1. Where do I find the data that created them?
2. How do I add items to them?
3. How do I delete items from them?

I searched for some of the text strings (both ANSI & UTF-8) as 'root' and couldn't find any of them.

I did find these:
  • ~/.config/menus/xfce-applications.menu
    It's XML. It looks somewhat like what I see in MenuLibre. Is it? If so, does anyone have documentation regarding the format?
  • ~/.config/menus/applications-merged/user-menulibre-new-directory.menu
    ~/.config/menus/gnome-applications-merged/user-menulibre-new-directory.menu
    They're XML. I don't think they're used. Perhaps they're vestigial, or perhaps they're errors.
If anyone has any clues, or links to clues, or links to documentation, please respond.

Thank You.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”