Chrome Compositing Issue Since Rebecca Update

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Annoyingduck

Chrome Compositing Issue Since Rebecca Update

Post by Annoyingduck »

Ever Since the 17.1 update I am having an issue when switching between desktops with Chrome not fully rendering when switching back to it. Screen shot doesn't work, because it renders correctly when the screen shot pop up window appears. I always had "enable window compositing enabled" in the past on 17 before the update. Now I had to disable it to correct the issue (the chrome issue disappears when disabling this feature). Here is another post with the same problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1309801

I'm posting this here, as this was never an issue in the past, this only began happening after I updated to 17.1 from 17 (xfce). This is happening on 2 of my computers, and not on my 3rd. The only thing different on the 3rd machine is that I have not used apt-get to update anything (only used the mint updater), while the other 2 I have used apt-get. Hopefully someone can make sense of this, as I'd like to turn compositing back on. All 3 are using on-board intel graphics, not a third party card. Is this fixable or did I screw things up by using apt-get to update instead of Mint's updater?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Chrome Compositing Issue Since Rebecca Update

Post by richyrich »

Try this > leave Xfce windows compositing on, but turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome's system settings.
Annoyingduck

Re: Re: Chrome Compositing Issue Since Rebecca Update

Post by Annoyingduck »

richyrich wrote:Try this > leave Xfce windows compositing on, but turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome's system settings.
Oh, nice.... That worked! Thank you. What will I notice with chrome with hardware acceleration off?
richyrich

Re: Chrome Compositing Issue Since Rebecca Update

Post by richyrich »

For me, the browser seemed to work better, quicker, and with stablility.

Return to “Xfce”