XFCE screensaver

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
peterldg

XFCE screensaver

Post by peterldg »

It's worth installing this version for the default screensaver- I can't get enough.

I put it on a virtual machine and run it in the corner- just so I can watch the screensaver!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: XFCE screensaver

Post by all41 »

yep!
I'm not into screensavers--but if I were this would also be my choice hands down.

I find features to like in all the Mint DEs
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

peterldg wrote:It's worth installing this version for the default screensaver- I can't get enough.

I put it on a virtual machine and run it in the corner- just so I can watch the screensaver!
XFCE has its own screensaver? I thought all XFCE did was blank the screen (or turn it off) according to the user's power settings. What's its name? I just use good old xscreensaver now, but would be happy to look at an alternative (as long as it's not gnome-screensaver, lol).

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

It is xscreensaver
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
iowabeakster

Post by iowabeakster »

This thread is confusing.
Isn't xscreensaver a package of a great many screen savers?

I've used them for many many years on my xfce desktop machines. I really had to jump through some hoops to get xscreensaver to work properly on my living room Cinnamon machine (HTPC on a plasma TV, which really needs a screensaver) along with Caffeine to disable the screensaver while watching PC sourced video. But it is worth it.

The old Wormhole screensaver on the big screen, with perfectly tweaked settings, absolutely blows away guests to my house when it kicks in. People just get mesmerized by it, and cannot pull their eyes away. Actually my wife and I still just stare at it a lot too... :lol: and our home theater has had it running for years. It is fantastic.

Return to “Xfce”