window borders disappear on maximize in Rebecca Xfce

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scubscub

window borders disappear on maximize in Rebecca Xfce

Post by scubscub »

Hello, I just switched to Mint 17.1 (from Xubuntu) and I like what I see so far. One thing, I like nice rounded edges on my windows, but whenever I maximize a window the borders disappear. I've fiddled with turning the snapping on/off and changing the minimum distance from the edge of the screen, but no luck.

Does anyone know how to keep the outside borders of my windows from disappearing when maximized?

Thanks for any help...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: window borders disappear on maximize in Rebecca Xfce

Post by richyrich »

Are you running Compiz by any chance ?
scubscub

Post by scubscub »

Hi Richyrich, no, I am using Xfwm ("stable and reliable").
gary.zw

Post by gary.zw »

You know i had the same problem when I had Xubuntu back in November, I could not figure how to fix it. I ended reinstalling Xubuntu that fixed it but then installed Mint XFCE last month.

Try xfwm4 --replace might work?
BlackVeils

Post by BlackVeils »

there is a setting but i cannot remember where it is in the regular settings. but i did just find this in a search, an alternative way:

1) Open Settings Editor.
2) Under ``xfwm4", look for "titleless_maximize".
3) Tick to remove titlebar; untick to return titlebar.
scubscub

Post by scubscub »

Thanks blackveils, that did the trick. I didn't know about the settings editor, thanks for turning me onto it.

Return to “Xfce”