Logitec Mouse battery monitor

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wirefox

Logitec Mouse battery monitor

Post by wirefox »

Not working in 17.1, doesn't give any info. Is there a solution for this it works good in ManJaro XFCE, thought I'd try Mint edition but not impressed so far.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wirefox

Re: Logitec Mouse battery monitor

Post by wirefox »

Found a Logitec progam for XFCE and works great, nice icon like KDE, scrolling options, nice
birkopf
Level 2
Level 2

Post by birkopf »

Strange. On my xfce mint (16 and 17) it comes up as default in the notification area...
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

wirefox wrote:Found a Logitec progam for XFCE and works great, nice icon like KDE, scrolling options, nice
Would you mind letting us know the name of it?

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Post by overkill22 »

This Linux Mint forum sucks.
No answer to the problems, and no solutions at all.
Is out there any other place where the ppl are willing to help?
birkopf
Level 2
Level 2

Post by birkopf »

Ubuntu Forums ?
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Post by overkill22 »

birkopf wrote:Ubuntu Forums ?
ahaha! I swear I wrote "pls. don't tell me Ubuntu Forums" and then I delete the sentence... :lol:
last2throw

Post by last2throw »

Try Solaar. link here: http://pwr.github.io/Solaar/ I use it on 2 pc's one with Cinnamon and one with XFCE. I've also used it with Mate. Works great for me. Please let me know what you think and mark this as solved if this works for you so others can find the answer.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Post by overkill22 »

last2throw wrote:Try Solaar. link here: http://pwr.github.io/Solaar/ I use it on 2 pc's one with Cinnamon and one with XFCE. I've also used it with Mate. Works great for me. Please let me know what you think and mark this as solved if this works for you so others can find the answer.
I've already changed the mouse to another, btw this Solaar looks like a solution!
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

wirefox wrote:Not working in 17.1, doesn't give any info. Is there a solution for this it works good in ManJaro XFCE, thought I'd try Mint edition but not impressed so far.

Found a Logitec progam for XFCE and works great, nice icon like KDE, scrolling options, nice
Hi wirefox and others,

Like others have already mentioned, "Solaar" is the Linux software I have been using for years for my Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse on Linux Mint KDE and it works. I think Linux Mint 17 or 17.1 is absolutely wonderful. I have been using the Linux Mint KDE version.

Here is another link on how to install "Solaar" for Logitech on Linux.
http://www.webupd8.org/2013/07/pair-unp ... vices.html

If you found another program, ex: for Xfce, please let the rest of us know what it is called.

From the link above, To install the "Solaar" program for Logitech from your console terminal prompt, type in, or "copy and paste" each line :

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:daniel.pavel/solaar
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install solaar

Or

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/solaar
sudo apt-get update

*** I have been using the "ppa:daniel.pavel/solaar". I do not know when the "ppa:trebelnik-stefina/solaar" became available or if one works better than the other. If anyone out there knows why there are two PPA's for this, please let us know...
Last edited by phd21 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
last2throw

Post by last2throw »

As I said earlier I use Solaar on Cinnamon, Mate, and XFCE and it works great under all of them. You say it works under KDE as well so that covers all 4 official releases! I say USE SOLAAR. Seriously though, works perfectly, receive a notification when something connects, shows battery level, and allows you pair additional device and delete pairings with your unifying receiver.
chrisonmint

Post by chrisonmint »

Hi wirefox and others,

From the link above, To install the "Solaar" program for Logitech from your console terminal prompt, type in, or "copy and paste" each line :

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:daniel.pavel/solaar
sudo apt-get update

Or

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/solaar
sudo apt-get update

*** I have been using the "ppa:daniel.pavel/solaar". I do not know when the "ppa:trebelnik-stefina/solaar" became available or if one works better than the other. If anyone out there knows why there are two PPA's for this, please let us know...
This Linux Mint forum rocks.
Answers to the problems, and solutions for all.
Is out there any other place where the ppl are more willing to help?

Return to “Xfce”