Changing some colors of a desktop theme

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adf2000

Changing some colors of a desktop theme

Post by adf2000 »

Hello, I'd like to change some grays of the XFCE-dusk theme to make them black or darker (I downloaded a couple of "black" themes from the Internet but the icons get darker too and become unreadable). How can I do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BlackVeils

Re: Changing some colors of a desktop theme

Post by BlackVeils »

so you want icons to be paler to be visible with the other theming?

you can choose mint-x-dark, or install faenza or other icon themes, checking if they have a dark variant. noobslab provide icon theme ppa's:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/icons
sudo apt-get update
adf2000

Post by adf2000 »

My mistake. I already have Faenza icons installed. I'm talking about the icons inside Libreoffice Writer, in the formatting bar, for example, or those for cut/copy/paste. They become unreadable. I'm not sure if changing the Dusk theme background color would be different, though... maybe even this way I'd get black icons on black background.
"Dusk" theme:
"Crash" theme:
"Black" theme:
BlackVeils

Post by BlackVeils »

have you tried all the Faenza dark variations? one of them should be OK for that.

if this is more about the writing being unreadable, then you either need to learn how to do themes or find an alternative.
adf2000

Post by adf2000 »

BlackVeils wrote:have you tried all the Faenza dark variations? one of them should be OK for that.
One of the variation changes to white some icons in the system bottom right panel. Icons inside LibreOffice don't change.

Thank you anyway.

Return to “Xfce”