[Solved]Desktop Weird lines Linux Mint 17 XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Midhun

[Solved]Desktop Weird lines Linux Mint 17 XFCE

Post by Midhun »

Hi,
I am getting these weird lines when i drag and drop the icons in the desktop. These lines only comes during dragging and when dropping but it goes off soon after i engage in other activities. Here is the image link to the issue http://pbrd.co/1AxQMLP

Thanks

Edit :- the issue was solved with the latest update on xfdesktop4. Thanks for the fix guys.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Desktop Weird lines Linux Mint 17 XFCE

Post by richyrich »

Try turning off Enable Display Compositing in the Compositing tab of the Window Manager Tweaks program.
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Buzzsaw »

Cool effects!

Like richyrich has said, the Xfce compositor is not worth having enabled given the problems it causes.
Midhun

Post by Midhun »

Thanks for replying. Its already turned off. So i guess thats not a fix :( The issue started after a seris of recent updates such as linux-firmware, xserver-xephyr, xserver-xorg-core, xserver-common any connection to that?

@ Buzzsaw Yeah indeed its really a cool effect :)
Midhun

Post by Midhun »

Please anyone respond
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Buzzsaw »

Well it's a bug caused by one of your recent updates. Any of them could have caused it, but I expect it's one of the xserver packages. The easiest way to resolve it is to replace the package that caused it with the original version.
Camillus

Post by Camillus »

Buzzsaw wrote:Cool effects!

Like richyrich has said, the Xfce compositor is not worth having enabled given the problems it causes.

But then use another compositor (compton).
Midhun

Post by Midhun »

Yes the xfce composistor has caused issues like video tearing and all so its better to disable it.

Return to “Xfce”