XFCE panel resizes on first window button

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
boxrtoast

XFCE panel resizes on first window button

Post by boxrtoast »

I'm running Mint 17 XFCE 64. I've noticed the panel seems to resize or rather the plugins on the far right side shift a couple of pixels to the left whenever I open any application and there are currently no window buttons on the panel. Opening more application makes no difference. When I close the last remaining window button the panel shifts the plugins on the right side back to the right a couple of pixels. It's minor but it catches my eye everytime. Has anyone else noticed this? I've tried different combinations of panel settings to fix this but I haven't been successful.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Re: XFCE panel resizes on first window button

Post by Buzzsaw »

Is the Lock panel box unticked?
boxrtoast

Post by boxrtoast »

Lock panel is checked. Length is set to %100. Automatically increase the length is unchecked.
shengchieh

Post by shengchieh »

Are you saving the session at logout? I.e., in

menu -> settings -> session and startup -> general

Sheng-Chieh
boxrtoast

Post by boxrtoast »

No, automatically save session on logout is not checked.
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Huh, I am noticing this too. Do you have a workspace switcher in the bottom right hand corner? I think that *might* be causing it. Let me test a few combinations of settings and report back if I can find a solution. :)

Return to “Xfce”