How To Remove Entries From The Volume Control Panel Plugin

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Annoyingduck

How To Remove Entries From The Volume Control Panel Plugin

Post by Annoyingduck »

I use Clementine as my music player, and I love the XFCE volume control indicator panel plug-in for the fact that it adds controls for it right there, but it also always displays control options for other media players that I don't want there. I use Banshee to rip cds, but have absolutely no need for it to be always listed in the volume control, along with VLC. I just want Clementine to appear there. I found some topics that pertained to the Ubuntu Volume Control plugin, but not specifically for the XFCE one. Anyone have some wisdom regarding this problem I'm having?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Annoyingduck

Post by Annoyingduck »

Just a little bump...
Annoyingduck

Re: How To Remove Entries From The Volume Control Panel Plug

Post by Annoyingduck »

And another bump....
shengchieh

Post by shengchieh »

Most people here don't use clementine. Try looking at

http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/

That site has links to the wiki and support groups. Ask those geeks.

Sheng-Chieh
Annoyingduck

Post by Annoyingduck »

It's not a clementine issue, it's with the xfce4 volume control panel plug-in. I want the other players to not appear there.
dollyp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by dollyp »

Annoyingduck wrote:It's not a clementine issue, it's with the xfce4 volume control panel plug-in. I want the other players to not appear there.
Try https://forum.xfce.org/index.php. It's a better forum for dealing with problems that are specific to xfce.

Regards
David
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Buzzsaw »

Have a look at this page and this page.

Also look at this page. It's about VLC, but possibly other media players have similar options.

Return to “Xfce”