Missing taskbar

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
skulltulaa

Missing taskbar

Post by skulltulaa »

Hello, I installed Mint last night and it was working perfectly. I came home today and booted up my PC, just to see that my taskbar is gone. All the icons on my desktop are gone too, and my wallpaper is a flat blue color with a mouse in the middle. Anyone know a solution? Only reason I was able to get into firefox is because of the welcome screen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gold_finger

Re: Missing taskbar

Post by gold_finger »

Is this a laptop?

I have an HP laptop that automatically tries to use external monitor after initial installation even though one is not connected. Causes screen resolution on laptop monitor to be wrong and forces light blue default Xfce wallpaper until corrected. If that turns out to be what yours is doing also, you may not see the task bar because it is off of the viewable area caused by the wrong resolution setting.

Try right-clicking the desktop, then go to Applications -> Settings -> Display and see if it is listing and trying to use more than one monitor. If so, disable using the extra monitor (assuming you aren't actually using one). If you are using more than one monitor, go to Display settings and make sure each monitor is using correct resolutions for themselves.

Return to “Xfce”