"Display" applet activates after laptop lid opens.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
johnfound

"Display" applet activates after laptop lid opens.

Post by johnfound »

So, the subject. After the lid of my netbook get closed and then open, the "Display" applet ( Main menu|Settings|Display ) opens and I have to close it every time. In addition this leads to other negative effects when "Lock screen" is activated for the closed lid.

Any ideas how to stop this behavior?
It is "Linux Mint 17 XFCE" version.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
johnfound

Re: "Display" applet activates after laptop lid opens.

Post by johnfound »

After disabling "lock screen" feature, the applet begins to open twice! Someone help! It is really boring to close all these every time. :?
johnfound

Re: "Display" applet activates after laptop lid opens.

Post by johnfound »

OK, I found it by myself. It was the "Application Shortcuts" problem. There were two shortcuts assigned that called the Display applet (xfce4-display-settings --minimal): "Super+P" and "XF86Display". It seems that on opening/closing the lid, the netbook emits some of these codes to the keyboard driver.

Unfortunately, in XFCE I can't delete the shortcuts at all. That is why I replaced them with "true" command in the settings editor.

Return to “Xfce”