XFCE and "recent files"

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mozmck

XFCE and "recent files"

Post by mozmck »

Hi, I just installed mint 17 64-bit, and then installed a basic xfce (without thunar so far). When I run Cinnamon, if I click on one of the "Recent Files" in the menu, it seems to think it is a directory and opens up a "Choose Preferred Application" dialog so I can set the preferred File Manager for XFCE - even though I'm not running XFCE right now and it is a file - not a directory!!! How do I fix this? I had a similar problem using XFCE in mint 16, where at least from some applications it thought files were directories and would open the file manager instead of the correct file handler.

I installed the Cinnamon version of mint to try it again, but there are enough things it doesn't do right I think I'll go back to XFCE. Having the panel span both monitors is a pretty big one. One thing I do though is use Nemo for the default file manager as I find several things about it much nicer than Thunar.

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Re: XFCE and "recent files"

Post by Buzzsaw »

Does MIME Type Editor not work for this?

Return to “Xfce”