Lost Chrome Apps Option In Whisker Menu

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Annoyingduck

Lost Chrome Apps Option In Whisker Menu

Post by Annoyingduck »

This is killing me!! I just opened the "edit applications" option via right click of the Whisker Menu, didn't change anything and the Chrome apps option is gone. I tried fully purging chrome and all .config files + re-installing - no go. Resetting xfce4 panel did not work either. I am at a loss on this, I can't find anything relating other than an Ubuntu forum post asking the opposite question on how to remove the entry here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/485064/r ... buntu-menu . Would love to get this figured out. I am attaching a pic from the forum post I just mentioned to show the entry I am speaking of.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Lost Chrome Apps Option In Whisker Menu

Post by roblm »

Are the program launchers that were listed in Google Apps still listed in “/usr/share/applications” ?. If they are, can't you just
create a new Google Apps category using MenuLibre and then create new program launchers?
Annoyingduck

Re: Re: Lost Chrome Apps Option In Whisker Menu

Post by Annoyingduck »

roblm wrote:Are the program launchers that were listed in Google Apps still listed in “/usr/share/applications” ?. If they are, can't you just
create a new Google Apps category using MenuLibre and then create new program launchers?
No, because they are not actual applications, they are part of Chrome.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Lost Chrome Apps Option In Whisker Menu

Post by roblm »

Then is Google Apps listed in “/usr/share/applications”? If not, then also check in

“/home/user-name/.local/share/applications” and
“/home/user-name/.local/share/desktop-directories”.

Is Chrome installed in the directory “/opt”, like Firefox is? If so, is there a launcher for Google Apps there?

Return to “Xfce”