LM17 XFCE 32 Bit - Brightness Cont. gone?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Seamus D.

LM17 XFCE 32 Bit - Brightness Cont. gone?

Post by Seamus D. »

I just installed LM17 XFCE 32 Bit on two comps. The Desktop (a nine old tower) seems fine so far.

But the Laptop, a SONY VAIO VGN-SZ140 (six, seven years old?) has an issue. This same rig was running LM16 XFCE with zero problems.
Before, screen brightness could be controlled with F5 & F6. Using the same no longer does. Oddly, the brightness "decrease/increase bar" shows up on screen when using key commands, the bar responds accordingly. But as mentioned, brightnness stays the same.
Oh, and volume control on LM16 was adjusted with F3 & F4. That still works on LM17.
Hmmm...

Besides that, LM17 is awesome.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shengchieh

Re: LM17 XFCE 32 Bit - Brightness Cont. gone?

Post by shengchieh »

I don't know the internal of LM, hopefully someone else comes along and help. But (workaround) ...

Does your monitor has an OSD (on-screen display) - i.e., is there a button on your monitor that control various stuffs?
If so, check it out.

Sheng-Chieh
Seamus D.

Re: LM17 XFCE 32 Bit - Brightness Cont. gone?

Post by Seamus D. »

Sorry Sheng-Chieh, I should have been more descriptive.
The tower PC with LM 17 is connected to an extrenal monitor, no issues so far.

My laptop with its integrated screen has the brightness control issue.
By the way, I was using nouveau video driver and had the same non-functioning brightness control (which also caused the displayed desktop to be much smaller on my laptop's viewable screen space, horizontal & vertical black space, you get the idea.) Once I switched to the nvidia-304 (v.304.117-0ubuntu1), the smaller displayed workspace issue stopped.
I'm still dealing with the lack brightness adjustment. Strange.

Return to “Xfce”