Xfce & Context-menu

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
inukaze

Xfce & Context-menu

Post by inukaze »

Hi there , i wanna know , if someone can help me with this :

I wanna remove the Duplicated Entries in the Sub-Menu , Context-Menu , Popup-Menu
well with that . :=)

Thank you :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Xfce & Context-menu

Post by altair4 »

I'm not exactly sure where that's coming from but you might want to check your own custom actions for duplicates:

Thunar > Edit > Configure custom actions
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
inukaze

Post by inukaze »

Ok i show you the Custom Actions and Sub-Menu :

Well some idea , to remove duplicates ???
shengchieh

Post by shengchieh »

Have you try using a menu editor like alacarte or MenuLibre. MenuLibre I can't install on my machine (LM XFCE 16). And alacarte doesn't work that well. But it did the job for deleting a few stuffs for me.
Give that a try if you haven't yet.

Sheng-Chieh
inukaze

Post by inukaze »

Yestarday the "menulibre" dont open , because a "segmetation fault" i has remove some packages from synaptic , now its working
But the unique menu with duplicaties entries , are the Popup-menu from the desktop , inside the Thunar , the menu are right.

I dont know understand , from where the xfce4 popup menu , are reading the duplicated entries.

In menu libre , all its ok.
nothing wrong.

Yes you can install menulibre , but from manual compilation
because i have the menulibre in LinuxMint 13 Maya , the past month.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

inukaze wrote:I dont know understand , from where the xfce4 popup menu , are reading the duplicated entries.
I don't either.

You might try the following although I admit it makes no sense:

Create a copy of your custom actions:

Code: Select all

cp $HOME/.config/Thunar/uca.xml $HOME/.config/Thunar/uca.xml.bak
Then go to Thunar > Edit > Configure Custom Actions and delete the entries that are duplicates.

For example you have 2 labeled "Buscar" in the popup-menu. Remove the one in Custom Actions. Then close Thunar and open it again and see if one of them is now gone.

If it ever becomes a problem you can always restore the bakup you made of the original.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
inukaze

Post by inukaze »

Thanks for that answer , but dont work i hope XD

Ok i start from here

1 - Desktop Popup Menu :

2 - Thunar File Manager Popup Menu :

3 - Removed The Entries in Custom Actions from Thunar :

Well in the 3 - I Dont Have nothing . because the Entries really not are Duplicated
i don't know from where , the Thunar Make the Duplies Entries in the Desktop Popup Menu.

its just in the Desktop Popup Menu , inside the Thunar file Manager , are right.

Some idea ???
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

I have a suggestion.

Ask your question directly to the source of the software - at the XFCE forums: http://forum.xfce.org

There is one member in that forum, ToZ, that lives for these kinds of problems.

Sorry I couldn't help you but I am not able to reproduce this problem and I don't want to inflict any more "try this" attempts on you. If you ask it in the XFCE forum the chances are greater it has happened before to someone since it's a narrowly focused forum.

Return to “Xfce”