Installed LXDE now chrome keeps asking for a keyring pass

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Annoyingduck

Installed LXDE now chrome keeps asking for a keyring pass

Post by Annoyingduck »

As the title states, I'm running Mint 17 XFCE and wanted to play with LXDE, now Chrome keeps asking for a keyring while running XFCE. How do I make this gone? I just hit cancel and it goes away. As it is, I prefer to have chrome running in the background, so I have to deal with the annoying "chrome did not shut down properly" on every boot, and now this issue has been added. This is the first I've seen of anything relating to a keyring. Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Installed LXDE now chrome keeps asking for a keyring pas

Post by DrHu »

Either the Gnome keyring password is being asked for, usually just your login password or you may have signed into a google account, but people usually save those settings and don't delete them via the browser tools..
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=88493
--chromium, same answer for chrome I would think; see Mocturtl answer use the wrench .. tool on right side of the Chrome browser to fix passwords rerquests

Quick search gets this..
http://askubuntu.com/questions/31786/ch ... on-startup
Annoyingduck

Post by Annoyingduck »

The issue is this never happened until lxde was installed. I tried removing lxde - no go. I tried removing seahorse - no go. I want whatever lxde installed to be gone.
scryan

Re: Installed LXDE now chrome keeps asking for a keyring pas

Post by scryan »

I always just clicked cancel :(

I had installed xfce on a laptop with arch on it. With arch you have to install a lot on your own, including network management stuff.
After install, when selecting a wifi network, I would never get a dialog to enter its password. I would have to go back in, select the network and edits its password.

I had to install gnome keyring to get the wifi-login password dialog, and after I did chrome asked me for keyring password every time.

Its probably not good advice, but the system WAS completely useable with out gnome keyring package (that password thing was the only issue I notice). If you have a wired connection, or if you would rather go in and manually add the password to your known wireless network's security settings then deal with the constant keyring dialog then you may try removing this package and seeing if things work OK for you.

Return to “Xfce”