[Fixed] Xfce has gone all Xfce - not Minty!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
karmafarmer

[Fixed] Xfce has gone all Xfce - not Minty!

Post by karmafarmer »

Hi, here's what I did.

My kid was logged on, playing games.

I logged into tty01 and ran startx.

I accidentally clicked to make the session the default session, and now my desktop has the standard Xfce interface with the launcher at the bottom and the bar at the top.

Is there a quick way I can reset my desktop back to it's previous Minty style (and get back my Whisker menu)?

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GeneBenson
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Xfce has gone all Xfce - not Minty!

Post by GeneBenson »

Hi karmafarmer,

In the Menu: System -> Login Window -> Options Tab and for the Default session choose "Run Xclient script". Logout and back in and you should be all "Minty" again. :wink:
karmafarmer

Post by karmafarmer »

Hi, thanks for getting back to me!

I'm afraid that didn't work. It was already set to "Run Xclient script".

I've also tried logging in under the different options on the login screen.

Where is this Xclient script? Can I try running it manually?
GeneBenson
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GeneBenson »

Hi karmafarmer,

Sorry that didn't work. Have you tried Settings Manager Appearance and Window Manager? Perhaps the theme/style has just change.
karmafarmer

Post by karmafarmer »

Hi,

Yeah, I set the WM theme back to Mint, and set up the panel properly with the Whisker menu and the notification stuff.

So it's all fixed now, and on the plus side I know a bit more about Xfce, so it was still a win :)

Thanks
dover19

Re: [Fixed] Xfce has gone all Xfce - not Minty!

Post by dover19 »

I was abe to set the Style and Icons to Mint-X in the Appearance settings as well as set the Style to Mint-X in the Window Manager settings, but it doesn't seems to have changed much to be honest. How did you get everything back to normal?

Return to “Xfce”