XFCE Black screen from power save mode

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deerpic
Level 2
Level 2

XFCE Black screen from power save mode

Post by deerpic »

I recently installed Linux Mint 17 XFCE (32-bit) on an older desktop computer. Naturally when I walk away from it for a bit, the screensaver starts. And at some point the screensaver disappears and it shuts the monitor off to conserve power. Upon moving the mouse or touching a keyboard button, the screen wakes up, but only the arrow cursor is present, no desktop, no panel, no apps, etc. Nothing seems to revive the rest of the desktop. I figured maybe it was just a fluke, maybe just hardware related. Well, I installed XFCE on an old netbook last night, and it has the same exact issue (the md5sum of the download was correct for both computers). Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way to resolve it? Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClutchDisc

Re: XFCE Black screen from power save mode

Post by ClutchDisc »

It's something with Xfce I guess... I tried out Xubuntu not long ago and had the same issue! Sorry I don't know how to fix that, just wanted to share my experience with Xfce. Mine also couldn't come out of suspend. To be honest, that turned my away from Xfce.. I will just use Mate.
millpond
Level 3
Level 3

Re: XFCE Black screen from power save mode

Post by millpond »

Disable the sreen saver (particularly if it gnome based) and use the power settings instead.

http://www.howtogeek.com/128644/htg-exp ... necessary/

Return to “Xfce”