Removing kbd shortcuts in Window Manager does not work?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bjorntj

Removing kbd shortcuts in Window Manager does not work?

Post by bjorntj »

Just installed Mint 17 XFCE edition and I have a small problem... I usually remove a lot of kbd shortcuts under Settings-Window Manager-Keyboard as they interfere with other applications... So after clearing the shortcuts I don't want and close the settings windows, I assume the shortcuts are removed..
But when I open the Window Manager settings window again, the shortcuts are back... Why?

Regards,

BTJ
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mkaut

Re: Removing kbd shortcuts in Window Manager does not work?

Post by mkaut »

I can confirm the problem - clearing Window-manager shortcuts in Settings->Window Manager->Keyboard on my LM 17 Xfce does not make any difference at all: the shortcuts are still "blocked" by Xfce (even after restart) and next time I open the settings manager, they are all back :-(
This is very annoying, since I need Ctrl+FX for Code::Blocks IDE (Ctrl+F6 to compile, etc).

I have noticed that there is no ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml, so I made a copy from /etc/xdg/xdg-xfce/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml and commented out the entries, as described in http://peter-butkovic.blogspot.no/2013/ ... board.html - but there is still no effect :-(

Any idea how to fix it would be really welcomed..

Return to “Xfce”