[SOLVED] Changes to the Panel disappear across sessions

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
benali72
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Changes to the Panel disappear across sessions

Post by benali72 »

I'm using Mint 13 LTS Xfce 32-bit.

I made a few simple changes to my sole Panel bar (moved the Panel bar to the bottom of the screen, added a new widget, removed the text label from the start button).

But all my changes disappear when I logout and then log back in for a new session.

I tried checking the box in SETTINGS -> SESSION AND STARTUP, which is labelled LOGOUT SETTINGS -> AUTOMATICALLY SAVE SESSION ON LOGOUT, but this doesn't save my changes across sessions.

In the SETTINGS EDITOR -> XFCE4_SESSON -> GENERAL tab, I verified that SaveOnExit is set to TRUE.

BTW, I googled on "xfce settings not saved across sessions" and find various complaints & bug reports about this problem. But I was not able to find anything that worked to fix my issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
benali72
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to make changes to the Panel last across sessions

Post by benali72 »

From googling on this problem, it appears people have often had this issue over the past couple years with xfce. There doesn't seem to be any agreed-upon solution, and the ones I tried (like clearing the cache, etc) didn't work.

So I just did a work around. I reimaged my Mint instance from a backup that doesn't have this issue and the problem is now gone. QED.

Return to “Xfce”