whoops! I lost my default "background images"

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
prb123

whoops! I lost my default "background images"

Post by prb123 »

Hello Penguinistas!

I'm just getting to know Linux Mint for the first time; I'm running the Xfce desktop.

I was trying to change the desktop background image (right-click on the Desktop... Desktop Settings... and the Desktop setting window appears...)

On the "Background" tab, in the "Images" box, I saw a whole long list of beautiful photos to choose from...

I managed to change the background once, but then I thought I'd try another one, so I tried to select another one, but all of a sudden, the list was empty! Somehow, I'd accidentally deleted them all... I guess.... ??

GONE are all those beautiful color pictures of tropical beaches.... sunrises.... sunsets... and so on.

How can I get them back? Please remember that I'm a newbie to Linux, to Linux Mint, and to Xfce!

thanks for your help and have a great day.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gtsfer

Re: whoops! I lost my default "background images"

Post by gtsfer »

Open your file manager, go look in /usr/share/backgrounds. If they are still there you can add them back with Change Desktop Background - >Add button.
prb123

Post by prb123 »

Thanks gtsfer, I found them. Have a great weekend!
gtsfer

Post by gtsfer »

You're welcome. When you get a chance, edit your first post and put [SOLVED} in the subject. :)

Return to “Xfce”