<SOLVED>mintmenu doesn't works

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cesarer

<SOLVED>mintmenu doesn't works

Post by cesarer »

Hi! I'm using Linux Mint 13 LTS (32 bits) with Xfce and I activated the backports repo using synaptic, then upgraded the system, after that the mint menu doesn't work, if I enter "mintmenu" on a terminal the output is this:

Code: Select all

cesarer@linux ~ $ mintmenu
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py:47: RuntimeWarning: You have imported the Gtk 2.0 module.  Because Gtk 2.0 was not designed for use with introspection some of the interfaces and API will fail.  As such this is not supported by the pygobject development team and we encourage you to port your app to Gtk 3 or greater. PyGTK is the recomended python module to use with Gtk 2.0
  warnings.warn(warn_msg, RuntimeWarning)
The mintmenu version is 5.5.0 Hope you can help me to solve this problem, and thanks your attention :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: mintmenu doesn't works

Post by karlchen »

Hello, cesarer.

You might be intersted in this thread: Mint 13 LTS xfce - mintMenu vs. WhiskerMenu.
I met the same problem and solved it by switching from the Mate provided Mint Menu to the Whisker Menu, which starting with Mint 15 is the default Mint Menu on xfce desktops.

HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
cesarer

Post by cesarer »

Hello karlchen, thanks for your reply :D
I see, is better to try to use the Whisker menu insead Mint Menu, I use it in Manjaro so it's ok.

But, I followed the link you shared in that thread (this: http://www.webupd8.org/2013/07/whisker- ... t-for.html) to install Whisker menu. Ten I tried to add it to the xfce panel and it crashed, when I run an xfce panel from terminal and try to add the whisker menu it shows this error:

(xfce4-indicator-plugin:3969): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed

(process:3983): GLib-WARNING **: (/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.32.4/./glib/gerror.c:390):g_error_new_valist: runtime check failed: (domain != 0)

(process:3983): xfce4-panel-wrapper-CRITICAL **: Wrapper whiskermenu-3: Failed to open plugin module "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libwhiskermenu.so": libxfce4panel-1.0.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
xfce4-panel-Message: Plugin whiskermenu-3 has been automatically restarted after crash.

(process:3984): GLib-WARNING **: (/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.32.4/./glib/gerror.c:390):g_error_new_valist: runtime check failed: (domain != 0)

(process:3984): xfce4-panel-wrapper-CRITICAL **: Wrapper whiskermenu-3: Failed to open plugin module "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libwhiskermenu.so": libxfce4panel-1.0.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
I don't know if it is ok to write this here or I should white a new topic about this Whisker menu issue.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, cesarer.

Mint 13 brings along xfce 4.10. Mint 13 is based on Ubuntu 12.04. Therefore the section about (X)Ubuntu 12.04 with xfce 4.10 applies:
webupd8 wrote:Important: if you're using (X)Ubuntu 12.04 and you've upgraded to Xfce 4.10, use the following PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:landronimirc/xfce
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin
On Mint 13 xfce, I use the landronimirc PPA (cf. here), on all other Mint xfce systems, the gottcode PPA.
HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
cesarer

Post by cesarer »

Hi, I was using the wrong ppa, now It works perfectly :D Thanks a lot Karlchen :mrgreen:

Return to “Xfce”