Mint 16 XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintfan7200

Mint 16 XFCE

Post by mintfan7200 »

What do you guys think of Linux Mint 16 XFCE ? I think it is the best version in my opinion . It is so easy to use and it is so fast I have tried lubuntu , xubuntu but Mint XFCE just seems to be the fastest and most useful .
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vrkalak

Re: Mint 16 XFCE

Post by vrkalak »

I used Mint since '09 (used Fedora for a while)

Mint-7 was the best Xfce, and Mint-9 is the best Fluxbox version.

I have used Xfce DE, since my first day with Linux. I have tried all the OS-Distros that use Xfce, as default .
I really don't like the LXDE - myself.

I like most of the Xubuntu versions. Debian-7 Xfce is better. (more stable)

I like the LTS (long-term support) Xfce versions the best. Mint-9 ... I still use Mint-13 (current LTS) ... waiting for Mint-17

*** I am, both an Admin for Mint Forums, also, a Mods for Xfce.org Forums and Ask.Debian.net
Did I fail to mention, that I am also, a Debian-Maintainer for Fluxbox WM
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

See my sig.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
Aristotelian

Post by Aristotelian »

I really like Mint 16 XFCE and XUbuntu 13.10. XFCE just seems to me the perfect balance between eye candy and features, on the one hand, and lightweight and smooth performance, on the other. I have had stability problems with Cinnamon; MATE just looks ugly; and KDE seemed to busy for my taste. I am currently running XUbuntu but I had a great experience with Mint XFCE and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a distribution that is simple and lightweight but also has lots of features and looks awesome.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

I've been using Mint 16 Xfce myself lately and am very happy with it. I find it to be much snappier than Cinnamon and MATE.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
mintfan7200

Post by mintfan7200 »

vrkalak wrote:I used Mint since '09 (used Fedora for a while)

Mint-7 was the best Xfce, and Mint-9 is the best Fluxbox version.

I have used Xfce DE, since my first day with Linux. I have tried all the OS-Distros that use Xfce, as default .
I really don't like the LXDE - myself.

I like most of the Xubuntu versions. Debian-7 Xfce is better. (more stable)

I like the LTS (long-term support) Xfce versions the best. Mint-9 ... I still use Mint-13 (current LTS) ... waiting for Mint-17

*** I am, both an Admin for Mint Forums, also, a Mods for Xfce.org Forums and Ask.Debian.net
Did I fail to mention, that I am also, a Debian-Maintainer for Fluxbox WM
When the next LTS version comes out I plan to keep it on my machine until the following LTS version comes out I think LTS versions are great .
edwardr

Post by edwardr »

The next LTS release will be Mint 17, which should come out around May this year.
benali72
Level 4
Level 4

Post by benali72 »

Thanks for the tip about Xfce being so speedy in MInt 16.

We're using Mint 13 Xfce on a slew of older boxes (mainly early dual core systems from 5 to 7 years old), and we've found Xfce to be significantly snappier on them than either Mate or KDE.

Glad to hear Xfce is doing well in the newer releases!
sonwon

Post by sonwon »

Mint XFCE needs to be featured on the home page. I have tried them all now and in my opinion it is the best.

Return to “Xfce”