Viber Desktop App

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stepop

Viber Desktop App

Post by stepop »

Hi everyone,

I'm an intermediate user of Mint 15 Olivia Xfce distro. Having recently installed Linux Viber desktop app I've encountered few issues:

1) When I open app, two windows are loaded: 1st on says "Viber PC" and doesnt do anything, 2nd one says "Vier" and is fully functional.

2) There is a purple Viber applet in the bottom right corner of cinnamon, but it is totally "dead" - unlike Skype that brings up full menu

3) Chat works fine, I've tried to make Video calls on Viber, but I cant hear other party talking - it works absolutely fine in Skype!

Can anyone help at all???

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
passerby

Re: Viber Desktop App

Post by passerby »

Have you tried Viber on any other Linux distros? (Specifically Ubuntu 13.04 or a derivative)
1 and 3 could very well just be Viber bugs; isn't the Linux client still in beta?
stepop

Post by stepop »

Thanks for your post Passerby No, I haven't tried any other distros and YES Linux client IS in Beta - could that be a part of problem?
passerby

Post by passerby »

Betas are often buggy. They exist so that software can be distributed to users before claiming that it's stable, hoping they'll report bugs.
In other words, you should report the problems to the people making Viber. This isn't open source software (AFAIK), so only they can fix the bugs.
I don't know if they have a specific area for reporting bugs or their own forum, but somewhere like this might be a good start: https://plus.google.com/communities/110 ... 0388605701

Return to “Xfce”