Add mate menu bar XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hellfire695

Add mate menu bar XFCE

Post by hellfire695 »

I as wondering is there a way for me to add the mate menu bar to xfce.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caerolle

Re: Add mate menu bar XFCE

Post by caerolle »

Hi hellfire! (interesting screenname...)

If I understand what you want to do, I did this, is pretty easy. I am not at my Linux computer, so I can't give you detailed steps, but here is how I did it in general outline:

Right-click on the panel, get menu
Add 'applet' (can't quite remember what menu this is under, but if you poke about you can find it)
Will add applet to right side of panel
Right-click on the applet icon, add Mint Menu or whatever it's called; for me, was the only selection
Right-click on the Menu, select Move, move over to left side of the panel

If you want to get rid of the Xfce main menu, just right-click and remove. In my system, I removed the existing Xfce menu, and added Application Launcher (essentially the Xfce menu) to the right side of the panel in case I wanted to use it. I imagine you could just move the existing Xfce menu someplace different, if you wanted.

Hope this help!

Caerolle :)
hellfire695

Post by hellfire695 »

LOL it's actually a refernce to a book i used to really like (virus by bill buchanan)

Nawh its not the mintmenu i wonna add, but the classic menubar, which i cannot find
caerolle

Post by caerolle »

Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help.

Good luck finding it!

Caerolle :)

PS: Good to know you aren't Satan! ;)
wallylid

Post by wallylid »

I presume you want to set up a applications menu.
When you create a new user to log on in XFCE ( I have about 8 different users each logging in to their own specific user profiles).
On each new user I allow in I have to create a an Application menu so they can launch various programs and have limited capacities to change the way things work etc.
Do this simply via
> Right click on directory menu bottom right hand corner of new users home screen
> Select Panel
> Select Add new items
> Add application menu

Then you have a Application menu on the bottom right side to just use -> with application grouped into their various categories

Hope this is useful --> when I first used XFCE on this old laptop I was a bit lost on this. Well first time use of Mint linux and the XFCE interface after working with Centos, SUSE, and Gulp Windows
:roll:

Return to “Xfce”