Sound mixer always goes on wrong monitor

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Red Squirrel
Level 4
Level 4

Sound mixer always goes on wrong monitor

Post by Red Squirrel »

In the task bar when I click on the audio mixer, the pull up menu goes on the wrong (left) monitor, why does it do this? The icon is right THERE, it should go... where the icon IS! Is there a way to fix this? It's only the single click menu that does it, the right click one works ok. The other icons seem to work fine as well. Though in general the placement of new windows is a mess in pretty much every OS I've ever used. In Mint I noticed a lot of games (Steam games etc) constantly go to the left monitor, despite the centre one being set as primary and the fact that it was launched from there, is there a way to gain better control over this? I had found an option to restrict windows from going to the other monitors but I don't want to actually restrict them from being able to be moved to the other monitors, I just want them to stop opening on them. There is nothing more aggravating than stuff opening all the way at the other end of where you actually launched it from.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmuserx4849

Re: Sound mixer always goes on wrong monitor

Post by lmuserx4849 »

You might try:

System Settings -> Window Behavior -> Window Behavior -> Focus -> Multiscreen Behaviour -> Active screen follows Mouse

System Settings -> Window Behavior -> Window Behavior -> Advanced -> Placement

Hit Help in the lower left corner. This will impact all applications. But there are some apps that will never do what you want :-)

You can get to this same location by right-clicking on the application's title bar, there's a menu item, "More Actions", and underneath that "Window Manager Settings". Last, click on Advanced or Focus.

Return to “Software & Applications”