Radiotray icon missing in KDE (solved)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
toomanyquestions

Radiotray icon missing in KDE (solved)

Post by toomanyquestions »

I just installed 17.2 KDE and it seems to work pretty well. Unfortunately, radiotray lacks the proper tray icon (it looks like blank document icon). I checked the .desktop file under /usr/share/applications and it lists "radiotray" as the correct icon. The homerun kicker menu has the correct icon too. In short, it seems that only the tray icon is problematic. How do I associate the proper tray icon with radiotray?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
irishwoody

Re: Radiotray icon in KDE

Post by irishwoody »

I'm not sure how to associate it - but radio tray icon working on my system so happy to answer specific questions
toomanyquestions

What release are you running - 17.x? What icon theme? Did you do anything unusual when you set the system up (e.g. delete the panel or tray and then reactivate them)?
irishwoody

Post by irishwoody »

I'm on 17.2 upgraded since 17.1 and before that previous versions
I normally just do an upgrade not reinstall.
At one time I had the same missing ICON on the tray - think it looked like "?" or blank square or similar icon.

Some other founds they solved similar issue by Changing config.xml file in ~/.local/share/radiotray
from <option name="gui_engine" value="appindicator"/> to <option name="gui_engine" value="systray"/>

perhaps you can check your config file as as follows..

Code: Select all

kate ~/.local/share/radiotray/config.xml 

Code: Select all

<config>
  <option name="volume_increment" value="0.05"/>
  <option name="volume_level" value="1.0"/>
  <option name="url_timeout" value="100"/>
  <option name="enable_application_indicator_support" value="false"/>
  <!-- valid options are 'appindicator', 'systray' and 'chooser' -->
  <option name="gui_engine" value="systray"/>
  <option name="active_plugins"><item>Notifications</item></option>
<option name="last_station" value="Space Station Soma"/></config>
andalen

Post by andalen »

Not sure if this will work in your case, but sometimes things like this can be fixed just by adding a new (default) panel.
toomanyquestions

irishwoody wrote: At one time I had the same missing ICON on the tray - think it looked like "?" or blank square or similar icon. (T)hey solved a similar issue by changing config.xml file in ~/.local/share/radiotray
from <option name="gui_engine" value="appindicator"/> to <option name="gui_engine" value="systray"/>
Your suggestion worked like a charm - replace, save, reboot. Beautiful. Thanks!!

Return to “Software & Applications”