17.2 KDE ISO... imminent?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UncleMark

17.2 KDE ISO... imminent?

Post by UncleMark »

I understand that 17.1 KDE users have been able to update to 17.2 with the update manager for a week or more, but the ISO for 17.2 KDE has yet to be made available. I have a new convert lined up and would prefer to install 17.2 rather than 17.1 or the RC. Is the release ISO for 17.2 KDE going to be available soon? If not, will updating the RC get me there?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: 17.2 KDE ISO... imminent?

Post by xenopeek »

Upgrading the RC will get you there as well. It's summer holiday season in most of Europe so things move a bit slower. The 17.2 KDE and 17.2 Xfce final releases will get done soonish.

Also there is no reason to use 17.2 if you're happy with 17 or 17.1. Note the "upgrade for reason" part on http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2871.
UncleMark

Post by UncleMark »

Thank you. I hear you on "upgrading for a reason", but this will be a new install for a Windows convert and I want to hand it back to him as current as is possible. He'll get my usual lecture about only doing the "safe" updates through the update manager and using the repos and all that. He's a new client who was referred to me by a previous convert from a frustrated, infection prone Windows user to a very happy Mint KDE user. Another notch in my belt.
DeMus

Post by DeMus »

Both the 32 and the 64 versions of Mint 17.2 KDE have been approved for stable release.
Meaning, the iso's will be here soon, I guess.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Return to “Software & Applications”