Video controls not operational when CP in autohide [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marlenejo

Video controls not operational when CP in autohide [SOLVED]

Post by marlenejo »

This is a bit knit-picking but it seems that player controls at the bottom of media players (like youtube in web browser, or smplayer etc ) are not operational when in FULL SCREEN mode and the bottom control panel is in autohide. That means the controls are in that area. It's not a big deal but I am wondering if that can be fix.
Tx
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
marlenejo

Re: Video controls not operational when CP in autohide

Post by marlenejo »

Just an update to that little problem. To recap, having the taskbar in autohide, all the mouse inputs, like for videos playing full screen, cannot get through this taskbar dead area. It was annoying with YouTube but since Google redesign the controls, they can be reach now just above that zone. As for smplayer, one can set the position of the controls, so above the taskbar. Look like there is a fix.
marlenejo

Re: Video controls not operational when CP in autohide

Post by marlenejo »

Ok after 2 months playing with KDE, I found another option in the panel advanced settings, which let windows/applications covert the panel. Well basically now full screen videos app like YouTube, in a browser, simply covert the panel and all the controls are available. Silly, silly me me me.
P.S After playing with Mint KDE, I still find options I never saw before. Amazing.

Return to “Software & Applications”